The Milan Volunteer Fire Department is a fire protection district founded in 1947. Covering 49 square miles, we provide Fire and EMS services to the Town of Milan and portions of the towns of Gallatin and Clermont. Our response area includes approximately 10 miles of the Taconic State Parkway and no operating fire hydrants meaning members draft from static water sources to put out fires! We have approximately 45 motivated and dedicated volunteers who serve as firefighters, EMTs, drivers, and fire police officers.
Location: 1575 Jackson Corners Road
Apparatus: 48-31, 48-52, 48-61 and our 1934 American Lafrance parade truck.
This station was opened in 1984 and replaced the original station located in an old barn behind the old Jackson Corners General Store. Originally two bays with 10 foot doors, the station became too small. Unable to house new apparatus, the roof was raised 2 feet to accommodate 12 foot doors and a third bay was added in 2011.
Location: 900 Route 199
Apparatus: 48-12, 48-69 and 48-96.
The original portion of the building is the two-story section built in the early 1950's. Housing an engine and a meeting room upstairs it was out grown and added on to in the Mid 1990's, it now holds our administrative offices.
Location: 119 North Road
Apparatus: 48-13 and 48-71
Station functions as the headquarters of the Rescue Squad. This station has under gone additions twice. The station was first built in the 1960's on land donated by Henry Wyant, a local resident. A bay was added to the north side of the building in 1975 to allow room for an ambulance to be housed after the creation of the rescue squad. In 1991, the two bays on the south side of the building were added to accommodate for additional apparatus and space for training.